Cereals 2018 set for major shake-up with new industry support07-Aug-2017
Cereals 2018 is set for a major shake-up following the establishment of a new advisory board tasked with making the event even more relevant and technically focussed.
“Comexposium, the new owner of the Cereals Event, is determined to respond to the constructive feedback we received this year and make substantial changes for next year,” says event director Jon Day. “One part of that is to work closely with exhibitors and farmers, ensuring that they too are on the journey with us. We are now part of a portfolio of world leading shows and Comexposium is well positioned to push the show to the next level.”
The board will comprise exhibitors, sponsors and farmers, and from this year’s feedback will develop new ideas for next year. In addition, there will be a larger feedback group, enabling all stakeholders to comment on and influence the shape of the event.
“We are keen to adopt a more open and collaborative approach with the industry, so there will be plenty of opportunities to provide feedback and input going forward,” adds Mr Day. “It is a tried and tested way of working and how Comexposium – which runs the SIMA event in Paris - develops its other events."
Cereals 2018 will return to Duxford, Cambridgeshire, on 13-14 June 2018. “The development of these two groups marks a step-change in the event's development, taking Cereals forward in a new direction that focuses on technology and depth of technical content,” says Mr Day. “Innovation, insight and information will be the pillars of the event and will underpin the changes.”
The advisory board will gather twice a year, with first meetings taking place this September.
“With new ownership, plans are well under way to develop a new strategy for the Cereals Event,” explains Mr Day. “There is great passion out there for Cereals, and inviting people to become more involved in creating the event they want has been very well received.
“The feedback group and advisory board will be central to this development, contributing to both the strategic direction and the event's content, ensuring that Cereals is relevant to the whole of the arable industry. Over the coming months, we will announce our development plans.”
- The Cereals Event is the leading technical event for the UK arable industry with over 64ha of stands and live demonstrations including crop plots, working demonstrations, the Syngenta Sprays & Sprayers arena and renewables; an area specially dedicated to renewable energy, biofuels and non-food crops.
- Over 450 leading suppliers are already preparing to keep visitors up-to-date with the very latest products, advice and information; offering a complete one-stop service from seeds to sprayers, crop varieties to cultivation equipment, fertiliser to finance.
- Cereals brings together over 20,000 professional farmers and industry experts over two days. For more details go to www.cerealsevent.co.uk
- The Cereals Event is organised and presented by Comexposium Haymarket Exhibitions Ltd.
- Farmers Weekly is the media partner for Cereals.
|Olivia Cooper||Natalie Reed|
|Cereals Event PR||Marketing Manager|
|Agri-hub||Comexposium Haymarket Exhibitions|
|01392 840009||01788 892039|