29 Jun 2021
Chafer Interceptor - Hydraulic Track Width Adjustment
Offering independent adjustment of the front and rear axles, track widths are programmed in cab, with the axles accurately reaching their target width automatically.
- Total axle adjustment of +16" (420mm) from narrowest setting
- Narrowest setting on narrow tyres (380 width tyre) is 72" track width (which means up to 88" max)
- Front and rear axles can be adjusted separately or linked to be the same width
- Target is set through the cab display to the desired track width in mm
- Operation is through switches on the cab dashboard
- Axles will only slide when the vehicle is moving between 3 and 5kph forward speed
- Each wheel has two adjusting hydraulic cylinders - one extends the axle beam, the other extends the track rod
- Cylinder and therefore wheel position is monitored with linear transducers mounted inside the cylinders (0.3mm accuracy)
- Constant error monitoring of each cylinder position through system control
- For more information please visit stand 809 at the Sprays and Sprayers Arena.