N-Shield® fertilisers protected by Limus® by BASF
N-Shield® fertilisers are protected by Limus® - which is a unique urease inhibitor offering a range of benefits to farmers. The application of Limus® to Granular Urea minimises volatilisation and nitrogen losses to the environment are significantly reduced, therefore more remains in the soil available for plants, which can assist in improving yields.
The combination of two active ingredients (NBPT + NPPT) in Limus® brings higher crop yields than urea with NBPT as a stand-alone active ingredient. With Limus® , the yield performance of urea is raised to the level of AN fertilisers, which is a feature that differentiates it from alternative inhibitor products.
Also with BASF’s polymer technology it ensures that the product permeates into the urea granules, which protects them from the losses which can often occur when spreading urease-inhibitor products applied as a coating. It also enhances the shelf life, spread ability and efficiency of the fertiliser.
- An average 5% yield increase compared to urea*
- Yield performance of urea is raised to the level of AN fertilisers
- Higher crop yields than urea with NBPT as a stand-alone active ingredient**
To find out how N-Shield fertilisers can support your nitrogen management, please contact your local fertiliser trader or alternatively visit www.diamondfertilisers.co.uk.
* Based on performance vs. Urea (N=84 trials, range of crops – Source BASF)
* Based on performance vs. Urea (N=6 trials, winter wheat, UK - Source BASF/ADAS)
**Comparison of Limus vs. NBPT when applied at the same total ai concentration on the urea granules.