Replaceable coulter tip tines reduce metal wastage and so much more!
Bourgault Tillage Tools have developed a replaceable tip tine option for the most popular seed drills that are currently in the marketplace. The objective is to give greater versatility to the farmer whilst saving money in wasted metal and delivering great seed placement with minimal disturbance.
After a year of trials from a wear point of view only, there is no doubt that the Bourgault Tillage Tools VOS 19mm replaceable tip and tine far out last the original OEM tine. The BTT leg element was also showing little or no wear which would indicate that the tine to tip ratio would be in the region of 6 - 8 to 1.
Points of note –
- Some may say that the VOS 19mm TIP is too wide and would take too much pulling and would create too much disturbance?
In both cases this is not correct, the design of the tip and the angles used means that the soil flows very easily around the tip and that the nose of the tip being so far in front of the leg means that the tip acts like the bow of a speed boat cutting through water. In the soil this has the added benefit of creating less smearing on certain soil types and reduced disturbance compared to the very upright design of the OEM tines.
- Is there a narrower option to the VOS 19mm TIP?
Yes – there is a VOS 13mm TIP option. Admittedly this would not give the same amount of wear as the VOS 19mm TIP purely because of the thickness of the point but it will still well out last the OEM part.
Other benefits at the replaceable tip tine offers.
- Reduction on metal wastage by not throwing away the whole tine when it is just the tip that has worn out. You would not change a complete wheel if the tread on a tyre had worn out – you would just change the tyre, same principle. Saving Money.
- Less down time replacing tines. Saving Money
- Proven better wear rates due to the high Chrome material used in the cast of the tips . Saving Money
- Extra Long Tungsten carbide inserts for abrasive conditions. Saving Money
- Long nose design of the tip means better penetration and easier pulling. Saving Money