The NIAB stand at the Cereals Event is known for providing the latest technical advice and research in variety choice, independent agronomy, soil and rotation management, crop genetics and data science.
The full list of exhibits planned for 2022 includes:
- variety demonstration plots - providing expert advice on winter wheat variety choice for 2022/23 with 32 established and new candidate varieties plus 16 winter oilseed rape varieties.
- advice on crop protection and nutrition including the latest information in new fungicide chemistry, new strategies and a comparison of wheat fungicide programme options and a demonstration of wheat variety blends;
- research and information on rotations, cultivations, tillage and soil management from NIAB specialists, including a look at alternative break crops to winter oilseed rape and a range of spring crops;
- uncovering the benefits of protein crops, including lupins, peas, beans, lentils, chickpeas and soya;
- understanding the risk factors for weed control in winter oilseed rape, winter wheat and spring cereals – including wild oats, Italian rye-grass, fescues and broad-leaved weeds such as bur chervil and poppy;
- plant disease research and new diagnostic techniques;
- NIAB crop research; using new plant breeding tools and technologies to help shape the future of our crops. The demonstration plots show how wheat breeding research, and the use of new techniques, is improving the yield, efficiency and resilience of global crop production;
- discovering the science and skills behind NIAB’s unique and long-established plant phenotyping and seed certification services, testing over 1,000 new varieties every year;
- NIAB TAG Membership services including the latest crop production advice and farmer-led research, field days, agronomy trials results, unique regional variety information and weekly agronomy updates through the season.
- Meet the products and services offered by NIAB in our knowledge hubs including:
- BCPC’s range of impartial crop production focused publications, manuals, handbooks and online databases;
- NIAB LabTest’s analytical services;
- our extensive and successful independent field and glasshouse trialling services;
- the new regenerative agriculture training programme;
93 Lawrence Weaver Road
Varietal, cultural and chemical wheat disease management forms the basis of the NIAB stand at the 2022 Cereals Event in Cambridgeshire on 8th and 9th June, with a mix of plots and advice to aid grower ...