The Nuffield Farming Scholarships Trust awards life-changing scholarships that unlock and develop an individual’s potential and broadens their horizon through study and overseas travel, creating positive change in UK food and farming industries.
Nuffield Farming is accepting applications for 2022 Scholarships until 31st of July.
Nuffield Farming Scholars are innovative and imaginative about the way they do things and we know candidates will step up to the new challenges arising in our industry. Our Scholars are leaders in the industry with an ability to change and make things happen in different ways.
The Trust will support Nuffield Farming Scholars to meet the unique challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic as they complete their Scholarship studies in the coming years.
- Applicants must work within the farming, food, horticulture, rural and associated industries or are in a position to influence these industries.
- Applicants must be aged between 22 and 45 years (the upper age limit is 45 on 31st July in the year of application).
- There is no requirement for academic qualifications, but applicants will already be well established in their career and demonstrate a passion for the industry they work in and be three years post-tertiary education.
- Candidates must be resident in the UK and hold a UK passport or be working directly for UK agriculture.
- Scholarships are not awarded to anyone in full-time education or to further research projects.
Nuffield Farming have partnered with our Scholars and others within UK Agriculture to create resources to help the farming community deal with the challenges brought on by the coronavirus pandemic. We now have over 20 videos in our library that cover topics including mindfulness and mental health, webinars, and virtual ‘farm walks’ in Scholar businesses, and we are continuing to add new content regularly!
Watch past Scholar Presentations about Arable topics here: https://bit.ly/3iERkPB